There was a time when the underlying technology of an ERP System was not a primary consideration. Software functionality predominated when choosing a new system. But technology moves too fast. Choosing a system based on newer technology will give you more long-term security and make a better investment. Your provider should analyze your options with you, if you project confidence and describe better options than you thought, you are the chosen one.
Budget and resources
There is a great variation in the price of ERP software, and the provider will want to give you the most expensive version and not necessarily the most convenient one. The higher-priced system maybe five times the cost of the least expensive solution. There is a reason for this. Some companies need advanced functionality in a higher-priced system, but others may have less complex criteria and may choose a more moderately priced ERP Solution. microsoft dynamics 365 business central Erp Most commonly used
Do not necessarily think that more expensive is better.
A smaller company with individuals who perform multiple tasks may find that they are taking many additional steps and are decreasing the efficiency with the most expensive system.
Choose a provider that can let you know which system best suits your company’s size and needs.
A trusted team
- Who will implement this system?
- Who should manage this project?
- Will someone support you when needs and/or processes change?
- The choice of people, both internal and external, is probably the most important for the success of this process.
- In a study conducted by Deloitte & Touche, companies seeking a new system were asked to name the ten main criteria they used for their selection.
- Those who were buying their first system were accounted for separately from the companies that bought the second.
- The answers were ranked in order of importance